August 1, 2021
Africa Inland Mission International, Inc., is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the establishment of Christ-centered churches among all African peoples. We are based in Peachtree City, GA. We also have offices around the world, with our International office located in Bristol, England.
This Policy applies to Africa Inland Mission USA, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of aimint.org/us and our interconnected giving site at usgiving.aimint.org, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we will store and handle that data.We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but, if not, please do get in touch with us.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time Africa Inland Mission USA decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Identifying information such as your name, postal address or email address when you subscribe to communications from us.
- Information you provide in the course of making a financial donation, though we do not store bank account or credit card numbers.
- You may also provide us with other information: through a web form; by updating or adding information concerning your communication preferences; through your participation on social media; through personal communications, online chat sessions, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our work and services.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
- In addition, Africa Inland Mission USA may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining a better experience on our websites.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of completed forms, subscriptions, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Use of Information Collected
Africa Inland Mission USA does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
Africa Inland Mission may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible services that may be available to you from aimint.org/us
Africa Inland Mission USA may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires.
Africa Inland Mission USA uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within Africa Inland Mission’s control.
Disclosure of Information
Africa Inland Mission USA may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Africa Inland Mission USA.
Africa Inland Mission greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Africa Inland Mission products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt- out. Africa Inland Mission USA will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Notice to European Union Users
Africa Inland Mission USA operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Africa Inland Mission takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. personal information in applications or financial information in forms), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or candidate relations) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of financial and personal information.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Telephone Number: 800-254-0010
Africa Inland Mission
600 Westpark Dr
Peachtree City, Georgia 30269